The Timothy Perseverance Scholarship is a new addition to our Scholarship program offered by a Private donor, Marcia McManus, made on behalf of her son, Timothy.
Marcia McManus currently works at a major cargo airline in Miami for the past 15 years and is currently a Senior Manager.
After being invited and attending a previous charity event held by the GMAA, she was inspired with the passion and determination of the GMAA members to also help others.
2013 Recipient will receive:
- $1000.00 towards Tuition or housing while attending college for essay elected Eligible to scholarship finalists only).
- $1000.00 to be raffle at the Gala to the finalists and winner to spend as they wish. (Eligible to scholarship finalists only). In order to qualify and apply for the Timothy Perseverance Scholarship in 2013, the applicants:
1. Must have completed a minimum of 30 college credits of which 15 must be in Aviation or Business Administration.
2. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
3. U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Resident or International Student
4. Write an essay based on:
a. Any obstacles or personal sacrifice you have endured to accomplish your present or future goals
b. Explain, what gratitude means to you and what you are thankful for?
Thank you GMAA members for continuing to do a great job to inspire others and taking care of your personal responsibilities, families and children.
On behalf of the GMAA we would like to thank Marcia McManus for selecting our organization and donating the Annual Timothy Perseverance Scholarship made on behalf of her son, Timothy.
For more information on scholarships, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Recipients of Timothy Perseverance Scholarship
Photo coming soon
2014 Recipient of Timothy Perseverance Scholarship
Tysha M. Wiggins
2013 Recipient of Timothy Perseverance Scholarship
(others to be announced shortly)
2012 Recipient of Timothy Perseverance Scholarship
2011 Recipient of Timothy Perseverance Scholarship
Sylvia Lucia Quinn – Miami-Dade College